So, I’m basically sitting here typing and retyping this, because IDK what I’m supposed to type this time. All I know is that I thought I should try writing again. One of the girls I work with decided to share her blog with me, and it’s a super cute blog 🙂 She’s a pocket-sized, cute little Asian girl. I’ve known her for about a year, maybe a little longer now, and it’s been super fun to see her blossom into a young adult. God, I sound like a cheesy ass old lady. Blossom…who says that if they’re not 90? Like, for real? Anyways, she’s a pocket-sized brainiac, and she kind of roundaboutly encouraged me to try to write another blog post.
Anyways, things that are new…I have no idea what I am doing with my life. People keep telling me that this is part of the adventure of life. Because ya know, that’s something to be excited about. Not knowing where I’m going. No idea if I can get into nursing school, or if I want to try. No idea if grad school is something I care to try. No idea if the Army is something that will work out for me. In fact, the Army has basically said screw you to me.
Ok, completely random change of tone here, because hey, I’m awkward as hell. Hence the bumbling and stumbling part. Anyways, I’m gonna try to do a list of 20 things that make me happy. Sometimes, it’s really hard for me to keep a positive mindset. Maybe if I try to focus more on the positive things, no matter how small they are, will serve to help push me into a happier place than I am right now.
20 things that make me happy, little and big.
1. Opening a brand new container of peanut butter. Fancy brand, generic brand, it doesn’t matter. Just has to be creamy peanut butter. None of that chunky crap. It’s smooth, it’s fresh, and let’s be real, until your butter knife digs into it, it’s smooth and pretty and unblemished. It’s been one of my favorite things since I was a child.
2. Love Inspired books. They’re cheesy, wholesome, clean Christian romance novels. Basically, they’re the wholesome cheesy version of the bodice-busting books you see at the grocery store. I’ve been reading them since I was 16 and one of my friends got me some for my birthday.
3. Holidays. Whether it’s Christmas or the 4th of July, I just love holiday decorations and being with friends and family.
4. My family, all of them, but especially my dad, my baby sister, and my grandpa. For years, it was just my dad and me, before he met and married my mom. Then came brother #1, a now dweeb in high school. Then brother #2, the dork that shares the same birthday with me, exactly 15 years apart. And then came my only sister, Becca Boo Baby Butt Bear. She hates it when I call her that. It’s great. I love the little booger to pieces. There is something indescribable when someone so small is convinced you are the greatest thing ever. No matter how bad things are, she always makes my day better.
5. Reading. I don’t get to read a lot, but when I do, and I happen to have an awesome book, it’s great. There’s nothing better than having a book you just can’t put down.
6. Animals. Horses, cats, dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs…doesn’t matter. I just stick to the general rule of thumb that it needs to have between 2 and 4 legs naturally. Except for my beta fish. Prometheus and Poseidon are pretty cool.
7. WWE. Yeah, I never thought I would ever have that on a list in my life. Ever. It’s a new fun thing I’ve gotten into, but I really have fun with it. Especially watching my favorite guy fight, Sami Zayn. *Whistles* Man, that man is gorgeous.
8. Gingers. Not the blond red type, but a true Irish looking red-headed man. Yup, shortest point on here, but definitely one of the truest 🙂
9. Warm blankets. Big blankets, soft blankets, fluffy blankets. Doesn’t matter. I love blankets, and even better is when they’re fresh out of the dryer. They’re warm and smell good, and they’re amazing to curl up in.
10. Coffee. Ok, this is the shortest one and should have been #1, lol.
11. Pasta, pizza, ice cream, sushi, cake, cheese, wine, whiskey, vodka, bread, doughnuts, pie, food in general. My waistline generally shows it, but I love me some food.
12. Cuddling. Pretty much self-explanatory, but I think everyone likes that.
13. Being able to watch my favorite TV shows. Currently, it’s When Calls the Heart, Heartland, Nurse Jackie, Nakita, any cooking show, Ultimate Beast Master, any sort of home decorating show, ok, any show that is on TLC or any sort of home, garden or cooking channel, and then the classics, Charmed, Buffy, and Angel.
14. Going out with my friends up here in Reno. Trying to coordinate schedules can be a massive P.I.T.A. So when it works out, it’s fun, and definitely makes my list of favorite things.
15. My best friends. I have some of the baddest ass friends a girl could ask for. I’ve known Renee since the 8th grade, and although she’s the girliest girl I know, she’s a bad ass lawyer and a soon to be bride. I’ve known Edward since about a year into my enlistment. That chick could kick most people’s ass. She’s one of the strongest women I know, mentally and physically, and she’s always there for me, even when I’m a big pile of girly snot, chaos, and running mascara.
16. Nail polish. I helped my friend Renee move once, and as a thank you, she let me dig through a bunch of her old nail polish, and dang, I got a lot.
17. My uniform. The army may be giving me the bird right now, but I love the feeling I get when I put on my uniform. I never know who I am or what I am doing with my life more than when I have on my worn in, dingy uniform and thinning combat boots. Hair pulled back into a bun, cap on, no nail polish, knife on my belt, pen in my pocket, pins, patches…the whole nine yards.
18. Rain. The smell of it. The sound of it. Being a passenger in a car in the rain. Rain in general.
19. A good bottle of alcohol. Not to get drunk on, or be stupid with. But a good bottle of red wine. Or Rose. Or whiskey, so long as it has a kick to it. Tequila. Vodka, if it’s with something, like orange juice. Again, not to get obliterated on. I can just appreciate a good sipping drink. A social thing. Those of you who are old enough…ya know how it goes, once you grow out of just getting snockered. Snokered? I use the word, but it just dawned on me that I don’t actually know how to spell it. Huh. Nifty.
20. Using old lady words. Without even meaning to, I picked up words like jenky, snockered, caddy whompus, skivvies, ect. I learned them from my grandma, and they kinda just stuck.
Anyways, maybe I’ll try to do that as a sign off thing from now on. Maybe it will help my mindset, trying to focus on the positive things more.
Ok, finally off to sleep. If you ever see this, thank you, Elizabeth. Your tiny, spunky, positive energy is such a blessing to many people. I love hearing about your adventures, and although we don’t work together anymore (a fact that I still choose to ignore), I hope to still see you and hear all about your crazy adventures.